Thursday 24 April 2014

Too Faced chocolate bar review

I'm by no means a professional make-up artist, but I do love good quality make-up. I have been hearing about the new too faced chocolate bar palette for a while now, so when I spied it in Sephora when I visited Rome I couldn't resist. 

The first thing I noticed when I ripped open the packaging was the smell. My whole room was filled with the scent of cocoa, and it's not a sickly tacky smell either. The eyeshadows actually contain cocoa powder, so the smell is to die for. The colours are great too! I haven't actually tried any of the naked palettes, but I feel that the Too Faced palette has a good range or nudes and pinks (similar to Naked 3) but it also has plums too. 


As you can see from the picture above there are a great range of colours, which are all matte. I feel that the shadows are quite chalky, and you feel like they're crumbling as you try to get the pigment onto your brush, but this doesn't reflect when applying. ! I must add that I felt the more sparkly shadows need to be 'dabbed' on (sorry if there is a more technical term) rather than blended, that way you a real wow effect. 

Over-all thoughts, it's very versatile and you can get so many different looks from the one palette. I am in love, and will be taking it everywhere for the forceable future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment